Positive reflections on Saturday 12th August...
1. Waking up about three minutes before the physio assistant came, which wasn't ideal by any means, but at least I was coherent and 'with it' for her arrival, even though I was still in my pyjamas.
2. After getting dressed more quickly than I have in a long while I worked hard at my physio and can already feel the effort from it in my thighs. My calves would most likely be telling me about it too only I can't feel my lower legs and feet so much.
3. The physio assistant is lovely and she is an amazing and determined woman, mostly self educated and about to start a degree!
4. An amazingly lovely card in the post from my SW consultant.
5. A row of crochet this afternoon and another tonight.
6. A short trip to Jesmond Dene with Katinka just to get a breath of air as I'm still not well. Katinka seemed to want a short trip too, though she had definitely needed to go out because she was going loopy in the house.
7. A surprise visit from one of my favourite carers at teatime. She's recently left the agency for a new job, but she's doing the occasional cover shift just on this run. It was fab to see her.
8. A very lovely visit from the very lovely Jenny. It was wonderful to see you and have a matter, lovely lady. Looking forward to a crafternoon sometime.
9. Lots of sleepy Katinka cuddles this evening.
10. Buki is a gem and so caring, and she's tucked me up in bed with a hot water bottle for my feet, a hot pack for my chest pain (don't panic. The doctor knows about it), an apple to try to sustain my blood sugar through the night, and a lovely cup of tea. not long items with white lace decorated
11. I am being cuddled by Nurse Katinka.